#Repost from @seekthetruth Shares of companies working on Ebola treatments are soaring in after-hours trading after the Center for Disease Control and Prevention said there’s been a first case of the infection in the U.S.
U.S.-traded shares of Canada-based firm Tekmira Pharmaceuticals (TKMR) are up 23% in after-hours trading to $25.90. The company is working on an ebola fighting drug code-named TKM-Ebola that in trial phase. Shares of Tekmira gained 46 cents, or 2%, to $21.14 during regular trading.
Another big gainer on the news is biotech Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT). Shares are up $1.67, or 8%, to $22.77 in after-hours trading. Shares closed at $21.10, down 38 cents, or 1.8%. The Cambridge, Mass.-based firm specializes on developing treatment for rare and contagious diseases.
And then there’s BioCryst Pharmaceuticals (BCRX). The stock is up 11.5% in after-hours trading to $10.90. Shares skidded 71 cents, or 7%, to $9.78 during regular trading. The biotech company based in Durham, N.C. develops a range of treatments for infectious diseases, including the flu. Link in bio.
Did anyone else see this? Reza Aslan 👏👏👏 http://www.tytnetwork.com/2014/09/30/bill-maher-destroyed-again-and-again-by-reza-aslan/
#Repost from @animalrightsmovement
Pigs are perceived as being dirty and unintelligent animals. People who truly know these incredible beings beg to differ- here are five things you didn’t know about pigs:
1. Pigs are the fourth most intelligent animals on Earth. The average pig performs better and focuses more intensely at video games than a three year old child!
2. Some pig behavior traits are very similar to the dogs we know and love. Like dogs, pigs wag their tails when excited, live in groups and enjoy socializing, and can even be taught to walk on leashes, roll over for belly rubs, or perform tricks.
3. Contrary to what the pork industry claims, pigs are extremely gentle, tender and caring mothers. Mother sows are known to actually sing their piglets to sleep through affectionate grunts & oinks!
4. Pigs prefer a clean nest to sleep in. They’re very sanitary animals, and a study in which domestic pigs were allowed to live in a forest-like setting showed that they will even designate a “toilet” area so they won’t have to live in their own waste. Mud is only used as sunscreen because pigs cannot sweat.
5. A study from the UK’s University of Bristol found that “pigs use their brains to outwit each other in much the same way as humans and chimpanzees. For instance, they were able to learn to follow other animals to desired items such as food before stealing away the prize. Victims of such thefts responded by behaving in ways that lessened the chances of being followed.”
I’ll post the petition link in my bio: #Repost from @theglobalmovement “USDA Organic” is simply a marketing term to those who take government ethics at face value. The goal has always been to increase agricultural sales, not promote organic farming. The public seems to confide in this label through sheer ignorance. The National Organic Program (NOP) which governs the “USDA Organic” label has no interest in organic farming, improving soil, quality of the produce, or factors that pollute the environment. In another blow to their organics program that will further downgrade consumer confidence, the USDA announced that the agency has changed the process for exempting otherwise prohibited substances (such as synthetics) in food that carries the “organic or “made with organic” label. This decision makes it easier to continue use of artificial ingredients and substances, undermining integrity of the organic label.
According to the National Organic Program, the organic label indicates that the food or other agricultural product has been produced through methods that integrate cultural, biological, and mechanical practices that foster cycling of resources, promote ecological balance, and conserve biodiversity. Synthetic fertilizers, sewage sludge, irradiation, and genetic engineering may not be used…until now.
This is a major blow to the food system and its future. People must quickly act to reverse these decisions, people must unite together to grow community farms of local organic foods made like humans used to. Only then will everyone be fed and given nutrition.
#nutrition #healing #health #holistic #organic #usda #food #warning #monsanto #gmo #pesticide #truth #fda #fail #vegetarian #vegan #diet #nature
I’ve been doing the gratitude lists daily and smiling whenever I notice myself frowning and it really works! #purify
Repost by @fitvegans make sure to google these before planting some need to be out of reach of pets
#Repost from @diego_lynch007 You are the company you keep, this statement rings so true for me. Where’s all my warriors at @jacoboprocedo @crystalstarz @im_telling_mom @w0si @reign_of_rome ✊ I’m so grateful for you all
#Repost from @hemphelps We’ve been seeing some progress. In 2014 nineteen states were given permission to grow for Hemp pilot studies. It’s a start! #Hemp #Helps #cannabis #cannabiscommunity #legalize #hawaii
Repost by @gmoawareness WHERE ARE MY PEOPLE WANTING TO MAKE CHANGES?!PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO SHARE AND SIGN THIS PETITION 💚WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER Please everyone go sign this petition! The USDA ALREADY APPROVED THE USE OF “agent orange ” SO WE NEED THE NUMBERS TO TELL THEM TO OPPOSE THIS DECISION!! Doctor OZ also just put this petition on his website, people are waking up everywhere! We have to WAKE UP!!! #fuckmonsanto #nogmos @gmoawareness #saynotogmos #gmos #gmo #instafit #highsociety #health #womenshealth #wakeupamerica #instagood #menshealth #mothernature #peace #petition #change #supporteachother #spreadtheword #dope #knowledgeispower I WILL PUT THE LINK IN MY BIO SO ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CLICK ✔️ 💚🌎